I heart Matjessalat!

Ich mag alles was aus Meer und Fluss kommt gerne, aber am liebsten selbstgemachten Matjessalat nach Hausfrauenart, dazu Pellkartoffeln. Mmmmhh!
I love any kind of fish and seafood, but especially this. This is a certain kind of herring (I think it's conserved in salt and oil, it can be bought like that) in apple-onion-cream-yoghurt-sauce. This dish might sound strange to anyone who is not from the Netherlands or (northern) Germany (and I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job explaining it), but it really is delicious! It's served with potatoes.

Comments

  1. Looks so yummy!!! but i dunno where to get the herring :(,thanks for sharing this recipe :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhmmm lecker (ich liebe Matjessalat) - magst Du noch das genaue Rezept posten...hab da jetzt voll Lust drauf :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Das mit dem Rezept wird schwierig, ich hab den Salat bei meinen Eltern gemacht, und da ist auch das Rezept.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

DE: Was meinst du dazu?
Ich freue mich über jeden Kommentar, auch über konstruktive, angemessene Kritik! Vielen Dank und komm bald wieder!

EN: Now, what do you think?
I appreciate any comments and also constructive criticism! Thank you for commenting on my blog! Please come back soon!